When in doubt, pink it out!
It will soon be Breast Cancer Awareness month, and we’re all in this together. Friends don’t let friends work out alone. Call everyone you know to get together for some quality time and kick cancer's butt at our pink events!
I’m sure most people know someone who has been affected by cancer, if not by breast cancer specifically, and we think you should take this time to recognize those affected and honor the victims by spending time with others and being grateful for all the people in your life.
October is also National Vegetarian Month! Celebrate Meatless Mondays by trying a new vegetarian recipe each week.
Tips: 1. Plan an evening with your friends to get together and catch up (Wine Wednesday anyone?)
- Take a significant other to one of Merritt's pink events so you have someone to work out with and make a difference with at the same time
- Make time for family activities like local fun runs and events
- Try meat-free month with your roommate/significant other
- Have your vegetarian friend cook you their favorite recipe to inspire your meat-free meals
- Add protein powder in food when going meat-free if you need a way to get more protein
My Blog: Challenge Accepted: Meat Cute – For National Vegetarian Month, I’m going to try going meatless. I’ve always wanted to be a vegetarian, but I’m a picky eater and I don’t really like a lot of fruit or vegetables so that’s kind of a problem.
But I’ve decided to give it a shot anyway! And I’m going to rope my husband into doing it too because we will have strength in numbers! Plus, he’s a better cook than I am so he may be able to cook things better. Here goes all my willpower.
Member Events: Merritt Monday is October 1 - Kick off this month of pink excitement and help us raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness by adding to our Wall of Hope. Purchase your ribbon certificate for $1 or more (with all proceeds going to American Cancer Society) at the Welcome Desk!
Pink Day is October 16th - Get to your local club to join in all their fun Pink Day events!
Your Besties Butt-kicking Workout:
Check out this partner workout