There are many ways that individuals can go about losing weight. To maintain health, it is important to follow a program that will keep you motivated both physically and mentally. Below are ten do's and don'ts of losing weight:
1. Make exercise a priority.
2. Combine cardio and weight training.
3. Eat high protein foods.
4. Practice mindfulness.
5. Keep a journal. Seeing progress can help keep you motivated, and will help you to see triggers that lead to overeating.
6. Know your weight loss goals, and pick a program that best suits those goals.
7. Partner up. Find an exercise partner to keep you motivated.
8. Join a social media community. This will help to keep you accountable.
9. See a medical professional to rule out any restrictions to dieting and exercising.
10. Understand how many calories you should be consuming, and make sure that you do not exceed the allotted daily amount.
1. Assume that all weight loss programs are one size fits all.
2. Only count calories. It is not healthy to eat 1500 calories of candy bars in a day.
3. Over exert yourself right away. If you have not exercised in a while, you may need to start small.
4. Keep it a secret. If people don't know you are trying to lose weight, it will be easy to quit.
5. Give up. You will have good days and bad days. Keep going.
6. Starve yourself. This can lead to serious medical conditions.
7. Do just cardio or just strength training. It is important to do both.
8. Do the same exercise everyday. This will cause your body to hit a plateau.
9. Be hard on yourself if you mess up. Some days you will eat a donut. Forgive yourself and keep going.
10. Compare yourself to anyone else. Everyone loses weight at different rates.
Please contact us to learn more about what weight loss plan is right for you.