Who doesn't absolutely love Taco Tuesday? Building and creating new ideas for tacos is a great way for the whole family to spend some time together! Here is a delicious and healthy recipe to sweeten up your Taco Tuesdays.
Fruity-Tooty Vegetarian Tacos
Sometimes, it's good to get a little crazy with your tacos. Get the kids together Monday night, head to the grocery store, and pick out ingredients together. This way, they have more of a say in the creative process and enjoy the taco venture more! The 'fruity-tooty' tacos are great because they're pretty healthy and super tasty!
For the Tortillas:
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
For the Filling:
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup of blueberries
- 3/4 cup of chopped and peeled kiwi
- Mix together the teaspoon of cinnamon and sugar.
- Lay out your tortillas and have the kids dust that over your tortillas. If you want to add more, go ahead. We usually don't like ours to be too sweet.
- In a large bowl beat the honey, cinnamon, and cream cheese together until fluffy. It'll take about 3-5 minutes. Let the kids have a taste and ask about the 'level of fluff!'
- Spoon 1-2 teaspoons into each tortilla and enjoy!
Bonus recipe: What about some savory tacos that the kids will go nuts for? It's basically the standard taco with ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. But what you can do with the kids is add different types of nuts into the ground beef! For example, while cooking the beef toss in peanuts or pine nuts. It adds a crunchy element that kids love!
Hope you all make use of these ideas on your next Taco Tuesday!