Time to put a little balance back in your life. April is Stress Awareness Month and we are focusing on helping you relieve some stress through yoga, meditation, acupuncture and massage. Stress is based in your mind but can affect your body greatly. Through exercise, you can help release some of that stress by creating a physical outlet for it, which will benefit both your mind and body.
- Try a Yoga or SoulBody Barre class
- Meditate for 15 minutes a day
- Take breaks to focus on yourself for a little bit, like reading a book or taking a walk
- Give yourself an entire day with no phone or TV to have a self-care day with no plans, expectations or interruptions
- Forget your obligations for an hour, take a bath and have a glass of wine
- Commit to a wake-up routine that involves stretching and relaxation to start your day off right
- Take restful/non-working lunch breaks where you completely step away from work
- Read this How To Deal With Stress article from Hello Magazine
My Blog: Challenge Accepted: Namaste All Day – I’m going to relax! Last month was a lot of work and stressful. This time, I’m going with every relaxing thing I can think of. I’m going to do relaxing exercises like yoga, facials, taking breaks at work to temporarily de-stress and I’m even going to meditate once a day. Join me in my endeavor if you so choose, and learn the best meditation techniques at our Merritt Monday 15-minute meditation class!
Member Events: Merritt Monday is April 9 - Test your balance with one of our trainers and learn about healthy ways to deal with stress!
Your Stress-Free Workout (click here)