If you are like me, salad gets a little boring. Plain old lettuce can only take you so far. This salad by Giada De Laurentiis is a fun departure from a traditional salad and provide lots of beneficial nutrients like selenium, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, and vitamin D from all of those mushrooms.
- 1 pound large button mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-ounce piece Parmesan (optional)
In a medium salad bowl, mix together the mushrooms and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the oil mixture to the salad bowl and toss until all the ingredients are coated. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan on top and serve.
What's your favorite non-lettuce salad?