Everyone has heard how important breakfast is. But for some reason many people still refuse to eat it. And believe us, we have heard all of the excuses. Some people say they aren't hungry in the morning. Other people say it makes them nauseous to eat too early. We've heard that some would rather sleep in or that they just don't have time. However, if you hear a few of the facts below, these excuses may start to disappear:
- Eating breakfast helps to lower BMI, reduce blood pressure, and lower the chance of heart disease and diabetes.
- Breakfast helps the body to consume less fat throughout the rest of the day, meet its daily fruit and veggie consumption needs, and take in more calcium and fiber each day.
- Because breakfast restores glucose levels after a night's sleep, eating a meal early in the day enhances performance by improving memory and attention span. It also enhances mood and reduces stress.
- Those who forget to eat a breakfast are more likely to be overweight, both because they consume more unhealthy foods later in the morning and because their body holds onto the carbs from later meals and stores them.
- Breakfast is one of the easiest meals to control because most people are at home when they wake up (unless they are traveling for work or vacation). They can take breakfast into account during their weekly grocery shopping and plan for it or even make it the night before.
The best way to go about integrating this habit into your life is to make it as easy for yourself as possible. Put the ingredients you use for breakfast, along with the utensils necessary, all together. In the morning, you can just grab them, mix them together, eat and go. You should also plan for a week in advance. Don't allow yourself to make the excuse that you've run out of breakfast foods so you can't eat. Finally, if you're busy, choose foods that are easy to eat on the go, like a smoothie, a breakfast burrito, or a homemade breakfast bar.
To get more clean eating and fitness tips, please contact us.