The holidays are such an exciting time of year. You get the chance to spend time with family and friends and catch up on everything that has happened throughout the past year. The holidays can also be a very stressful time for some who fear the dreadful weight gain from all of parties, gatherings and holiday cookies. Here are 5 Tips to help you prevent holiday weight gains this season.
1. Eat what you want, just eat less of it. Be sure to use small plates, eat slowly and when you are done get rid of your plate so that you do not go back for more.
2. Drink lots of water. Water will help you to feel fuller quicker.
3. Eat to fuel your body, and workout to be healthy. The best way to relieve stress during the holidays is to take the time to workout. Remember, just 20 minutes a day will help you fight off the holiday pounds.
4. Divert your Attention. Don't just go to parties to stuff your face. Go and enjoy the company of your family and friends around you and keep your focus off of the food.
5. Start Today. Take control of yourself. You have the power to exercise and watch what you eat but you have to be willing to do it. I must say that I am so excited for the holidays and I hope that these few tips will allow you to be excited as well.